So, Coop has made the leap....he is officially a school boy! We tried it out for the first time yesterday for about an hour. Evan met us when we arrived at the school and he quickly told us we needed to go upstairs and go to the baby class. Once upstairs, he says "Cooper, this is the baby class...you go in here! I'll be right over here in my class". Wow, where did my babies go!?!?!? I spent the first 15 minutes with him to see how he was going to adjust. I had thought he was going to be very clingy and not want to participate with the rest of the kids, but he refreshingly suprised me. He sat right down in a chair and started playing legos along with the rest of the kids....and never said "mama" once (which was a real shocker because I think that may have been the first time that he has gone more than 5 minutes without saying "mama" while I'm around!) So after getting the feeling that he was going to be just fine, I slipped out and left him for another 45 minutes by himself. I do have to say it was much easier to leave him by himself for the first time than it was the first time I left Evan. Guess that is just what happens with the 2nd child! When I returned, I went upstairs to collect him and peeked into the room to watch him before I let him know I was back for him. He was just looking so precious and like such a big boy. The teacher was singing some songs and he was just sitting in his chair playing with some blocks. Just an adorable sight to see! Of course, as soon as some of the kids noticed me, he turned around and started shouting "mama, mama" and wanted me to hold him. The teacher said he did cry a bit when he noticed I was gone, but quickly became distracted by what they were doing and was fine the rest of the time! So all in all, it was a very successful first try at this whole school thing! We are going to try another hour Friday morning and then he will start going half days 1-2 days a week. Ms. Shareen will be his teacher and he will be in a class with 8 other 2 to 3 year olds. He will be the youngest, but a few of the 2 year old girls seemed just as small as him, so he fits right in. His 2 other buddies we have regular playdates with will both be going to school full time starting in March, so I thought this was a good alternative to the playdates. The principal of the school disagrees with only sending him part-time (must be that Asian schooling mentality), but I still think he is much too young to be going 5 days a week (especially when I'm not even working)...so we'll try it out once or twice a week for now.
So very, very proud of you Cooper! You did an awesome job at your first try at school! I hope you enjoy going as much as your brother does! You are learning so much these days and are really starting to pick up some vocabulary, it is just a matter of time before you'll be having full conversations with us!!
Now....I just can't wait to see him in his new school uniform!!!
Here are a few pics before we headed off to school:
Trying out the new backpack
Let's go Mama, I'm ready to do this school thing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment