I tried to make it easier on him and tried singing him to sleep (by this point I knew he was very tired), but you could sense that he was still pretty anxious about not having the bink and continued to moan and groan while laying down. I soon realized the only way that it was going to work was to just walk out and let him try to fall asleep on his own. Well, he cried for the better part of 20 minutes and then, just as I hoped, knocked out! He slept for about 45 minutes, woke up and whimpered (not as much of a cry as before) and fell back to sleep after about 10 minutes and then went onto sleep for another hour and 45 minutes (when I finally had to go in and wake him because it was getting to late and I didn't want him to have trouble sleeping tonight). He managed to get over a 2 1/2 hour nap which was wonderful. Hopefully the transition goes much smoother than what I've envisioned it to be. I was afraid no nap was going to be had or that he was never going to able to get back to sleep once he woke up after the first 45 minutes...but he completely surprised me! Now I guess we wait to see what bedtime brings!! I'll be sure and fill you in in a few days on his progress. I've rid the place of any binks so that when he wakes up crying for it in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep...I am the one that doesn't cave and go looking for one! Maybe I'm the one you should be rooting for!!?!?!
Here are a few shots of the little man after that 1st wonderful "bink-free" nap!!
Starting to stir from his sleep when he heard the flash on the camera pop up...thus the wrinkled eyebrows!
A little closer at opening the eyes...
and a fully rested, bink-free big boy!!
A very happy boy after having his after nap snack!!
You did an awesome job little Coop, I'm so very proud of you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment