Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Lord's Prayer

This is just one I had to share with everyone. I am so proud of my little guy. Since he was very young, I began praying with him every night at bedtime and we would do the traditional "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer as well as a "Thank you Lord for my daddy, my mommy, my grandparents, etc, etc" prayer and that became part of our bedtime routine. Then a week ago I thought we'd start something new and add the Lord's prayer to our routine. So I said it a couple of nights and Evan just listened and by the 3rd night, he was finishing each line for me.....then, by the 5th night he knew it ALL!! I was so amazed! I know little ones are like sponges and retain everything, but this one just took me by surprise at how fast it clicked for him. Even though the words are a little unclear and run together, you can tell he knows the majority of it. I told him this makes the Lord very happy and that He is smiling down knowing that another one of His children learned His prayer.... so now sometimes when he finishes the prayer, he'll say "this makes God happy!"

I was afraid I wouldn't ever be able to catch him on camera saying it, but today I caught him in one of his "performing" moods and got him to say it for me. I'm so glad I did, I know his Dad and I will cherish this video for a long time!!

P.S. Be sure and pause the music player at the very bottom before you try playing the video!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: