Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gymboree and Dinosaurs

Today, we ventured to KL for another set of classes at Gymboree, to do some grocery shopping at our favorite grocery store and caught a dinosaur exhibit at the nearby Mid Valley Megamall. Since Evan... and now Cooper... love dinosaurs (he loves to make his roaring sound when you talk about dinosaurs too now...it's not just a lion's roar any longer!), I thought they may enjoy it. Evan was a little scared at first (I have to admit they were a bit lifelike...and they had some really loud dinosaur sounds playing as well), but once I assured him they weren't real, he relaxed a bit and even posed next to some of them for pictures. Cooper of course, would have gone right up to them had we let him out of the stroller. I can already tell E is going to always be the more timid and cautious one while his younger brother is going to be the absolute fearless one! I really do love seeing their personalities develop and seeing how very different they are. I think it's definitely going to make for a challenge, but will always keep things interesting I'm sure. Life would be too easy if they behaved exactly the same....of course they are going to be totally different :-)

As for Gymboree on this particular day, Evan joined the 3o month music class for the first time and had a great time. He had really grown out of the younger class so I was glad to move him up. Today, it was all about getting the kids to hold hands and keeping a circle while walking....what a challenge this proved to be!!

Cooper was also trying his first music class today(he'd only been to the playgym classes previously) and he had a really good time too! He loved shaking the maracas and banging on the drums the best....and the peek-a-boo session through the neon scarves was also a bit hit as you can tell!














Also known as the Malaysian ant....I think we've seen this size in our house before....just kidding...but I'm not kidding when I tell you I HAVE seen the biggest ants I've ever seen in my life before, while we've been here!!
This is the tarantula that E was a bit hesitant to stand next to at first...I think it was a little too furry for his taste!
Coop at least got front row viewing in the double stroller since E chose to walk...I think he enjoyed that part!

No comments: