Monday, February 23, 2009

So this is what it is like to have sick kids...

Since Evan was born, he has only ever been sick enough to take to the Dr once...and even then the Dr. (some inconsiderate idiot at the emergency room on Christmas day nevertheless!!) said we were overreacting, that he merely had a virus and we should just let it pass. So, I always had the child that was never sick - I never knew what it was like when some mothers talked about their children always being sick and having to deal with cranky kids. That is until recently! Ever since Evan started school it seems as though he has had this constant runny nose and cough....and then early this month it was the worst...I had both of the boys sick and not just runny noses, but fevers, diarrhea, vomiting, and these horrible coughs....the works~!! I had never seen so much poop or puke in my life!! I think Marte did more laundry in those two weeks than she usually does in a month! My poor babies, I felt so horrible that there was nothing I could do to make them feel better right away. And to make matters worse, they gave me the stomach bug they had....luckily it only lasted 24 hours for me, but I felt the most miserable I've ever felt! It just made me empathize with them even more about how they were feeling. Although, if you had seen them, you never would have thought they were sick because they never skipped a beat. They would throw up and then just act like nothing had happened. I ended up taking both of them to the Dr and they were diagnosed with wheezy bronchitis and some yucky stomach virus. Two breathing treatments, about 8 medications, an asthma inhaler and a week later....they were back to feeling great again....and I was feeling tons better since I didn't have to see anymore throw up!

I guess I really know what it is like to have sick kids now....IT'S NO FUN AT ALL!!!

My poor little baby on his 9 month birthday...one of the first days of being sick, not his usual happy self.And my little E trying hard to be like his little brother and smile for pictures!Rub-a-dub-dub, two little monsters in a tub!And just a couple of days later back to his normal, smiley self!A regular, daily game we play around our house now ...push Cooper back to where the highchair belongs! At least now, E turns him around before he puts the highchair against the wall so that Cooper is looking out into the kitchen and not just at the wall - like the first few times!!And to make matters even worse, just as Cooper was right in the middle of all his sickness, some damn mosquito attacked my poor little guy's face in the middle of the night and they swelled up and turned into little blisters! It was so painful to look at him that first day, it looked like they hurt so bad. Good thing is it didn't seem to affect him much though. The scars are still there today and only now starting to fade. Guess he, like Evan, has also inherited an allergy to mosquitoes from their mother!

No comments: