Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Monkey sightings never get old.....









at least not for Andrew or I...and now even Cooper loves them! If he is in his walker, he will shoot over from the opposite side of the kitchen if you ask him to look for the monkeys! He seems truly amazed by them. As for Evan, they are so old news that you can hardly get him to come look at them if he is busy doing something else! I suppose growing up with them makes them just another everday thing!

Can you tell that E has been doing some window decorating with some Cars decals and Valentine's day stickers BeBe sent him!

I think it's this same little guy that continues to be our frequent visitor and he seems to be getting less and less afraid of us. They used to run as soon as we even made a move towards them, and just today (as Cooper and I were playing "catch Evan" in the living room) this same one just sat there as we ran right past him. He occasionally gives us a knock on the door... as if asking to be let in...yeah sure!! So now if Marte and I hear some unexplained noise, we immediately go to the door or windows to see if it's the monkeys and 9 times out of 10, it usually is!! They have been visiting quite frequently since we returned and they are these new monkeys - black ones with white eyes and mouths (quite attractive as you can see!!)...not the little grey ones that we used to always see before. Guess these guys have claimed their new territory because we see them more often than the grey ones now.
I wonder what Evan and Cooper will think when they look back at these pictures - will they think that it was cool growing up with monkeys in their backyard or just wonder what in the world kind of place we had them living in their first few years?!?!?!

No comments: