Friday, April 2, 2010

Texas, we are coming home!!

It's official....FINALLY!!  We are making the move back to Houston by mid-May.  Andrew landed a Director of Planning role in the Corporate Planning and Strategy group and is really looking forward to it!  We are so pumped that we finally have some news.  We knew a move was going to be happening soon, so we've kind of been in limbo lately playing the waiting game and now we finally have a date!  Now that it's become a reality, it's really getting us thinking about all we are leaving behind.  It's been a fantastic experience we've had, but it sure will be nice to be back to all things "normal". 

To celebrate the good news, we went to one of our favorites, the Bamboo Bistro, for dinner.  The boys like it because it is outside and they get to see all the tourists walking around downtown and all the trishaws.  Well, after nearly 3 years, I finally rode one tonight!  Guess with our leaving date now set, I'm trying to make sure we've done all the things we said we wanted to do and still haven't.  E and Andrew had done a ride before, but this was a first for Cooper and I.  Evan and I rode together in one, while Cooper and Marte rode another....Andrew was our photographer! It was a good night and we are so proud of Daddy!  So....now the fun starts - the moving process! Wish us luck and we'll be seeing everyone very soon!

Here are a few pics from tonight...

Going out to wait on a trishaw
"Look Coops, it's coming!"
They had the best time and loved the fact that the guy pedalling the bike had the music blasted so they were jamming away as we took a small stroll.  We made it a quick ride because it was raining out, but Evan was already making plans to go back again before we even got off!  According to him, "next time Mommy, you ride with Cooper, I'll ride with T, and Daddy can ride by himself!"  Sounds good, bug! 

And on a side note, we saw a turtle crossing the road today and had to stop and snap a picture of it.  It was a bit ironic that we ran into one today of all days (we've never seen one out here before) because yesterday at school the boys glued eggshells to a turtle picture for their art project.  The turtle quickly started to hide in his shell when I got out to get the picture and Evan was quick to tell me that "turtles put their heads in their shells to hide when they are scared!"  Smart boy...I just couldn't get over how grown up he sounded when he explained it to me! There was also a funny moment - as we continued to watch after I got back into the car, he headed over to the golf cart path and I said "Look, guess he is going to play golf" and Evan responds with "Haaa, he can't play golf......he doesn't have a golf club!"  Not the response I was expecting, but okay...so I said "yes, I suppose you are right".  He then said "he is probably going to go back to his turtle home first to go get one....Mom, where is his turtle home?"  He is really getting the imagination lately and just makes me roll with some of the stuff he comes up with sometimes!  I think his Daddy's (apologies....Dad's) creative nighttime story telling is really helping him stretch his imagination.  It's so fun to watch those wheels in his head turning!
I even asked if they wanted to take it home with us (joking of course) and Evan said "he can't live in our home"....I left it at that!

No comments: