Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One VERY large ear!

YIKES.....is all I have to say!  Although, he claims it doesn't even itch or hurt! My poor guy!  I think he must have gotten a mosquito bite while we were out having dinner last night at Bert's and tonight it got very swollen...to say the least!  I told Andrew he looked like Will Smith in Hitch when he gets that allergic reaction!  Ouch!  This was on top of about 15 other small bites he got all over his face, neck and arms a couple of nights ago when he woke up about 2:30 in the morning claiming something was buzzing around him. After we shook out all his blankets, I stayed in his room with him for about an hour to see if he still felt it.  It bothered him a couple of more times, but he told me it wasn't biting him, just making a buzz sound. I thought it might have just been a gnat or something, but in retrospect I should have turned on the lights and sought it out....poor little man woke up with all these bites all over him!  I'm not sure what it was - I don't think it was a mosquito because they were really small bites that are now almost gone....but who knows!  I know these sorts of things are possible in the states too, but they seem to occur too often here!  It's just one more reason why we are ready to move from the jungle!

And earlier in the day, after going to have lunch with Daddy and after some great naps, it was an afternoon of snacks and art time.  Cooper is loving school these days (such a huge change from just 2 weeks ago - he was practically kicking me out of the door today!) and loves pretending to play school with Evan afterwards.  So they have been having art time the last couple of days and it's the cutest thing.  As Cooper colors, he'll say "bubba, nice?" as in asking his older brother if he is doing a good job!  I think they use it at school ("nice or not"), so I can definitely tell he is picking up a thing a two!  Evan usually tells him "yes, nice....but you have to stay in the lines, Cooper!". The best thing is that they are still continuing to play well together....I love it!
So much for staying in the lines!
"Ahhhmmm, Cooper!".....Evan's reaction as Cooper misses his coloring page and colors on the letter mat instead!

No comments: