skip to main |
skip to sidebar
H1N1 Panic
So a few documented cases have struck Melaka and now it seems like the entire city has gone into a panic. I picked E up from school on Monday and most of the children (who were still being sent to school) were wearing masks. He told me his teacher tried to make him wear one, but he told her he didn't want to wear it. Well, today I go and get him and notice a big sign on the gate outside that says the masks have now become "mandatory". So when his teacher brings him down, he is wearing one of the masks...I just had to take a picture of him outside of his school with it on. I'm not real sure what they think the masks are going to prevent, but I guess the extra protection from germs can't hurt...at least it will keep E from putting his hands in his mouth. I do like that they are monitoring the kids' temperature each morning and are enforcing more frequent hand sanitizing throughout the morning. 
I also got to meet E's new little girlfriend today. For the last few weeks he would continue to talk about this little girl, Saleen, each day I picked him up from school. And yesterday in his school newsletter, there was a picture of her and he told me that she was his "girlfriend". I asked his teacher about her today, and she brought her down to introduce her to me. She is this cute, little Chinese girl, with a great smile and personality. E's teacher told me they tend to hang together more than he does with his friend Franco that started the school with him....a whole year ago (yesterday marked E's one year school anniversary....we are so proud of him and all that he has learned! The teachers continue to tell me how quickly he picks things up and could be doing some early reading really soon! That's our "quiet genius" as his Nana has labeled him!). I guess he is already becoming the lady's man! Sorry Alicia, you've now been replaced. I guess he decided he needed to find someone closer to his own age, someone he wasn't related to....and someone he could see more often!!
No comments:
Post a Comment