Thursday, August 13, 2009

Evan's 1 year anniversary at Premiere Montessori

Congratulations my big boy, for completing your first year at school!! I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly.  I still remember your very first day, I know I had to have been more terrified of leaving you than you were of staying.  You looked so tiny next to all the other kiddos.  You let me leave without one single tear and when I picked you up, you were as happy as ever!!  In the beginning you only went 2 days a week, so the first 2 days went just fine and when we went back the 2nd week, you were a little more hesitant at staying and cried for me not to leave you.  It literally broke my heart, but I knew you would be just fine after a few minutes....and what do you know I was right.  Your teachers told me you cheered right up after I left and didn't ask for me once.  For the most part, this entire year you've really enjoyed going and have only cried a handful of times (mostly when going back after being out for more than a week due to us going on holiday or due to school holidays).  You've learned so much since you've been attending Premiere....you learned all your letters and their sounds, you've learned to recognize most of your numbers and yours teachers even say you could be learning to read very soon.  I want you to know that I am so very proud of you and so very proud to be your mother!  I know you are always going to be an excellent student.  You have such a desire to learn and such great patience for being so young.  I love you my little man, keep up the great work!!

Evan's very 1st day of school...a month and a half before he turned 2 years old!

Shortly after turning 2...first day in his precious school uniform!

Right after turning 3 years old...my big boy!  Same uniform since starting...looks like we need to get a new shirt, looks to be getting a little tight around the belly!!

No comments: