Sunday, August 16, 2009

"A circle of dinosaurs"......dinnertime fun!

I'm not sure what everyone else's dinnertime looks like, but around our household mealtimes are either about reading books, practicing writing/drawing, coloring, or playing with various small toys! Yes, I know it's probably not the appropriate time to be letting my boys do these things, but it keeps them entertained while they eat...for now! We, for the most part, at least try to keep television out of mealtimes - except of course on special occasions if E's done something worthy of a special treat, I'll let him watch something during lunchtime after school - so I tell myself it could be worse. Anyhow, tonight it was all about dinosaurs - "Look Mommy, a circle of dinosaurs!" (That's his circle at the edge of the table in the picture at the top!) He was so proud about how he'd lined them up - he is such the engineer.....he is always lining EVERYTHING up....whether it's dinosaurs, cars, trains...or even his shoes!
So after I got a picture of his latest dinnertime masterpiece, he wanted to take some pictures of his own. And let it be known, these aren't all of the ones he took....he had to be sure and get a separate picture of ALL his dinosaurs....about 25 in all! It was darling. He would take a picture, move it to the side and then place another one in the exact same place to take another photo...until all his dinosaurs had been photographed....even the trees that go with the set!
And you ask, what about Cooper? Well, he does a bit of the same, although most of the toys go in his mouth, which completely works against what we are trying to accomplish because it keeps him from wanting to eat! That's our little Coop!

No comments: