Happy Halloween to everyone! Since we won't have an official treat-or-treating day, I decided to dress the boys up in some Halloween costumes their BeBe and Boss sent them and take a few pictures. I actually tried to put some face paint on them, but with Cooper once I finally got some tiger whiskers on him, he rubbed his face with his hands and smeared it....and with Evan, well, I got a "no, no, no" while running away from me when I told him what I was going to do - so after 20 minutes of "wrestling" with them, we decided to go face paint-less!! Guess I should have been glad they at least let me put the costumes on them. Then, it became impossible to get a good picture of both of them together....Cooper would be smiling and Evan would look the other way or try to get down from the couch, or when I was actually able to get Evan to smile a couple of times....Cooper would be turning away...uhgg!!! So, that is why I just decided to get a couple of good pictures of them alone!! Aren't they just adorable?!?!? Let me introduce....Cooper "Tigger" Thompson and Evan James the dairy moo cow!!
You can see I was trying every trick in the book....even letting Evan stand on the couch when he knows he isn't suppose to! You'd never guess Coop is just 5 months old...he looks so big here standing next to Evan!
At least I have one child who loves to smile!!
We then found out that Evan was having a "Children's Day" party at his school this last Friday that required him to wear a costume, but since I knew the cow costume would be way too hot to wear, we picked up this Dr. coat (complete with stethoscope and surgical mask) in KL for him to wear. He looked just adorable. He told his teacher at school that he was "Dr. Evan Thompson"...it was too cute! I was surprised he actually kept on the "surgical cap" the entire time he was at school, but he did! Of course, there was no way I was getting him to put on the surgical mask, that was just asking for way too much!!
We also have a Halloween party to go to tomorrow with some of the other expat kids that we have crafts with, so he'll be going as Dr. Thompson again. So, while we might not get to do any real trick-or-treating, at least E got to have some fun dressing up this year and going to a couple of parties!!



Looks like he is ready to report for surgery here....serious face and all!!
And here are a couple of more pictures of my precious boys!
Can you see my 2 new teeth!?!?! Just barely showing here, but you can really see them now!
I sure hope they always get along this well!!!
Also, thought I'd share some more of E's latest ramblings that keep us laughing:
- This morning I woke up to " Mom, er are you? Treasures there!" I had to listen a couple of times before I realized what he was saying...it was too funny! He refers to his boogers as "treasures" because after Marte baths him, she cleans out his nose and says she is looking for his "treasures". So now, they are always treasures, not boogs....and this morning he wanted me to see the treasures on his bed...which actually turned out to be drool that had dried on his bed, but he was convinced they were "treasures"!
- "coopercumber" - Evan LOVES cucumbers and had always said it correctly before, but lately (now that he talks about his brother all the time) he has started referring to them as coopercumbers! Another thing that we laugh at, so he continues to say it incorrectly! We say "say cucumber" and he says "no....say coopercumber, Mom!"
- And oh yeah, we had our first curse word last week. His dad was walking up the stairs with him, tripped, nearly fell and said..S-H-I-T...and sure enough...we got a big "shit, shit, shit" from Evan. We did everything we could not to laugh. The last thing I want him doing is saying it at school or something! "Little ears" picks up on EVERYTHING these days. He is in quite the "monkey see, monkey do" phase.
We continue to be amazed at all the things E is doing and how quickly he picks up on things. We've started listening to Christmas music to get us in the holiday spirit...yes, I know it's a bit soon...but we are anxiously awaiting our Christmas trip home, so this helps make us feel like it's getting closer. Anyhow, we've only started listening for a week or so now, and he already knows most of the words to "Jingle Bells" and can sing at least parts of most of the other songs we've been listening to. It's amazing what great memories 2 year olds have!
And Coop, well he is always in a good mood these days and is growing so much each day. He is just about sitting by himself, and he has tried rice cereal, carrots, squash, pears and apples so far and loves all of them. We did have him give peas a go, but he didn't care for those too much, so we'll try some sweet potatoes next and then try out the peas again later. Don't know if it was introducing solids or that he is just a bit older, but he has consistently been sleeping through the night since we got back from Thailand. He sleeps from about 8:15 to 5:00, wakes for a feeding and then sleeps until 7 or so.....works for me! As long as I get in a good 5-6 hours, I'm good! Let's just hope he keeps it up and becomes a great sleeper all the time like his big brother!


No comments:
Post a Comment