Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cooper is 5 months old today and Evan is practicing his ABC's

My little guy is 5 months old today....where does the time go?!?! He is quite the little smiler and gets so excited about everything....so unlike his older brother! I can already tell we are going to have 2 totally different personalities to deal with....E as an introvert (like his father... although he claims he isn't) and Coop as an extrovert (just like his mama).

Cooper is actually starting to sit by himself a bit now, although he still tumbles over after a few seconds...and is starting to like to stand alot more. He still isn't totally against tummy time, but he doesn't seem to show much interest in wanting to stay on his tummy for an extended period of time or pull his legs up underneath him to start crawling. So maybe he will end up skipping the crawling phase as well...we'll see! We've yet to start him on any solids, but he is definitely showing alot of interest in it. He watches his older brother eating sometimes and starts yelling until you pretend like you are giving him a bite and then he launches forward towards the spoon! I didn't start E on solids until he was 6 months old, but looks like I might be starting with Cooper a bit earlier. I wonder if he'll take to baby food alot easier than E did. Evan hated rice cereal and was slow to develop a taste for anything other than his fruits and a couple of vegetables initially....although now, he'll eat just about anything you put in his mouth. He loves almost any type of vegetable and all of his fruits (papaya is about the only thing we've tried to give him that he repeatedly doesn't care for!) So, while I was always so worried about what and how much Evan was eating...afraid he was going to be malnourished and that it was always going to be a constant struggle to get him to eat....I now know that isn't the case! So, I'm sure I'll be much more relaxed this time around about getting Cooper to eat, which will help put us both more at ease! Live and learn!
Check out E... somewhat... saying his ABC's - leaving out a few letters...and "l,m,n,o,p" sounds more like "elbow p"!! The other day he was just walking around saying them by himself and then at the end he would say "God bless you". We overheard him and asked him to say them again and he would continue to say "God bless you" when he got finished. So we laughed..and of course, this just made him want to say them over and over again. I found out the reason he said that at the end is because he and Marte sing the ABC song right before he goes to bed every night and she finishes up the bedtime routine with "God bless you", so now I think he thinks it's part of the song (or at least something that makes us laugh)! Anyhow, we thought it was pretty cute and that you might enjoy watching.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: