Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cooper has his 1st solids and cuts his 1st two teeth....all in the same day!

So I know I just wrote that we hadn't tried solids yet, but we went by the organic store yesterday while we were in KL for Gymboree and I picked him up some rice cereal - so we thought we'd go ahead and give it a try. Well....he loved it!!! It looked like he hadn't eaten in days the way he went for it. I only mixed up 1 tablespoon and he ate it up in no time at all. He had trouble the first couple of bites...spitting out more than he swallowed, but had it down by the last few bites. I think he's definitely looking forward to tomorrow's morning meal again. And afterwards he went down for a 3 hour nap. He usually only takes about an hour nap in the morning and then a 2-3 hour one in the afternoon, but he must have had a nice full tummy this morning because he was out. Or else it was that he finally cut his 1st two teeth and was able to get a good rest. In either case, we are through 2 major milestones and he did great! I actually had just checked his gums a couple of days ago when he was acting a bit fussy, but I didn't notice any redness or swelling so I thought it might still be awhile before they came in.....well, guess I guessed wrong!! We have two tiny teeth that have both poked their way through!! I was a bit sad actually....he is growing up way too fast!! I did tell him he could now bite his brother back when he gets bit. E's gone in for a kiss on the hand a couple of times now and decided to take a bit of a nibble instead....just love bites (you know those ones where he is just so cute you just want to ...mmmmmm bite!), but bites nevertheless!!

Here's a little shot of today's first bites (the one where he is spitting out more than he's taking in!!). I'll try to get a picture of those 2 precious, little teeth once they have popped up a bit more! I love it when babies only have those 2 bottom teeth...they are so adorable!



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: