Melaka opened a planetarium near our house about a year ago and I'd been wanting to take Evan, but never made it. So today, we were trying to think of something different to do and thought now that Cooper is old enough to enjoy it, we would make it a family outing. Well, wouldn't you know it, we finally make it and the theater part is closed so only the exhibition hall was available for viewing! It cost us $2.50 for all 4 of us to go in, so we thought even if we only make it a 30 - 45 minute outing....out of the heat....it will be well worth the cost! And it was....the boys had a great time! There was a large group who looked to be there on a school outing (although it is a Sunday, so who knows) and all the girls were in love with the boys....so I think the added attention made it a little more fun for them. Evan learned about the planets and the solar system in school back in Oct/Nov last year so I think some of it actually had some meaning for him. Of course, the best part were the couple of shuttle simulators they had to play with. They had no clue what they were doing, but they LOVED all the buttons, joysticks and other controls! Cooper had the best time as well....for him I think it was all the extra room he had to run around in....and he loved the simulators as well....the more buttons, the better! And everything was going great until literally the minute we were getting ready to leave...Cooper looses his balance getting out of the simulator and face plants into one of the edges of one of the dashboards! It was pretty dark inside so he must have missed placing his hand where he thought the edge was. He got a nasty looking scratch from the bridge of his nose straight over his left eye, where it left a bit of a mark! Luckily, he didn't hit it any lower or it could have been even worse! It looked pretty bad, but he hardly even cried, so maybe it just looked worse than it actually was.....in either case, he was a tough kiddo!! I got a picture a bit later after lunch to show his "planetarium battle wound!" We had a great time and I will definitely take Evan back once the theater opens back up, I think he'll really enjoy it. I'm not sure Coops will actually sit through an entire program so it may have to be an Evan and Mommy date!


That's the edge in front of Cooper that he face planted into...my poor baby!
His battle wound
After lunch, the boys also had some fun with Daddy and his helicopter. Daddy has gotten pretty close to getting each of the boys when flying it, so now the boys are terrified of it and always stay clear when he is playing with it. Well today they got brave again and had some fun....Evan would run around the living room while Cooper helped Daddy fly it and chase him around! They had the best time! And then it was nap time...yippee! They both had a fantastic nap and we finished off the day with some chicken fried rice from the club for dinner for the boys and some yummy bean and cheese burritos for Mom and Dad. Then since the boys had such a great day (listened especially well and took great naps), they were treated to a delicious ice cream of their choice from the club. What another great "Sunday Fun Day!!!"
Making sure the helicopter keeps a safe distance
Daddy's favorite toy
Don't you love E's mismatched shoes....I'm not sure why, but he has loved putting two different shoes on while he is at home! Luckily, he hasn't wanted to go out that way!
Daddy's little co-pilot....as they are off to chase E around the living room
Surprise....E actually slowed down long enough for Mommy to get a picture (or actually it's been Mom lately....and Dad for Daddy....Andrew and I have decided he is still to little to be calling us that...I think we don't want to let go of the fact that he isn't a baby any longer....although he will always be my baby!)
No comments:
Post a Comment