So today while E was at school (Cooper went yesterday...and did great!), Coop and I took a walk to our clubhouse for some lime juice and a snack (yes, Boss he even got to have a couple of chips!). It's about a 30 minute walk (with 2 big hills between here and there and not much shade, so needless to say it's a journey for me with pushing a stroller as well....and not a jogging one either), so we had plenty of bonding time along the way. We sang our ABC's about 5 times, which by the way he is actually getting very good at pronouncing each letter (he isn't saying any of it on his own just yet though), we talked about everything we saw (and there were way too many golf carts that had him continually saying "Mama, me, golf, me"....which translates into "mom, I want to ride in the golf cart like Dad took me on the other day" and wasn't happy when I told him Daddy was at work and would have to take him another day...."another day" is really comprehended by a 21 month old) and we just "talked". It's hilarious because it's sometimes like playing a game of charades with him since some of his newer words I still have a hard time making out until I figure out what it is he is trying to say...and then it all makes perfect sense! So we are getting there slowly with the talking thing. But talking he does and never stops! I was just telling Andrew how when E and I used to make this same trip to the club, we would sometimes go 5 or 10 minutes and I'd have to say, "Evan, you doing okay in there", just to get him to respond (he has always been more of the thinker and watcher...he is still that way today!), but not our little Coop - I couldn't get the kid to plug it! On our way back, up the very big hill, I had to say..."Cooper we aren't going to talk for a little while, Mommy has to concentrate on breathing and making it back up this hill....let's play the quiet game"....to which I got a "NOOO!" But we made it there and back and even had a nice little visit while we were at the club. We took our flashcards along so we could practice our words, but after about 10 minutes, he was off to pick some flowers for me! I think I have the same pictures with me and Evan at the club that I've posted below of Cooper - they both love running around there and picking flowers! He is such a little sweetheart and that constant smile on his face just brightens my day...everyday!
paisley shower curtain
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment