This year Evan was old enough to play with her 2 grandchildren. She has a grandson that is going to be 7 and a granddaughter who is 5. He had the best time running around with them! Cooper even tried to keep up with all of them! As last year, we took a couple of gifts for the kids and let them open them while we were there. We bought the boy (I wish I could remember how to say or even spell his name) a racetrack. It was funny because both his father and Ramayee’s older son just sat and looked at the box and instructions for the longest time and spoke something in Tamil to each other and then set it aside. I wasn’t sure if they just didn’t want to put it together or weren’t sure how….so Marte and I took a stab at it and finally got it put together (maybe they were a bit intimidated by the instructions…they were a tad difficult to follow!). In any case, we got it working and all the kids had a great time playing with the cars on the track. I’m glad it provided such entertainment for the boys! The neighbours also bought by a puppy for the boys to look at while we were there! Cooper absolutely loved it and had the biggest smile on his face the entire time…he didn’t want it to go back home. Luckily, the puppy looked fairly clean and well-kept, so I didn’t mind (as much) that the boys were trying to play with it.
It was a nice afternoon and of course, Ramayee had to pack a take home meal for Andrew and send us home with a bushel of bananas (no joking) and 50 ringgit for each of the boys! She is just the sweetest…she may not have much, but she always gives Evan and now both Evan and Cooper money every time we go visit her! I’m so glad that we had the opportunity to meet such a wonderful person during our time here in Malaysia!
Having some yummy muruku...both boys love it!


No comments:
Post a Comment