Evan and the princesses
This plant stem is what he said he was chasing around the girls with...such a little boy, already picking on the girls!!
Andrea and Jenny
The Friday before Halloween, E had what they call a Children’s Day party at his school…so NOT like a Halloween party in the states! They dress up in what they call their “fancy dress” to celebrate…Evan of course was the only one who went in actual costume. If he wasn’t so little, I would have never let him go as the only one dressed up in costume, but I don’t think he minded the extra attention. Don’t you just love the picture below….can you tell which one is mine?!?!? I forgot to take pictures of the Halloween cookies that we made for their party, but they were pretty cute….bats, ghosts, haunted houses, bats, witch’s hats and pumpkins!! Of course, the teachers at his school were probably thinking “her sugar cookies AGAIN”!! I know I need to come up with something new to send next time, but we had to put to use the cute cookie cutters my mom sent over!On Halloween day, we went to KL so Evan could try out a new independent class at KidzSports (which he did wonderfully at and had a fantastic time running around with the other kids) and I also registered the kids for their first Halloween costume contest. I thought Cooper’s pumpkin costume might have been an original and we might have had a chance at winning a small prize, but there was only one category for the 60+ kids participating (no various age group prizes) and there were 3 other little pumpkins. They ended up giving the top prizes to the most original handmade costumes which went to a couple of older boys who were some sort of action heroes. I was afraid with as many people as were there, the boys would get nervous and not want to go on stage, but that was no problem at all. They loved the attention…Cooper even clapped after everyone clapped for him as he went up on stage (he was the 5th contestant)!! E, my shy and serious child, even loved it!! So, even though we went home empty handed, they had a great time dressing up and seeing all the other kids dressed up!!!
Evan's 1st independent play class - he loved it!
So much for being afraid of the stage and all the people staring at them!
Clapping as the crowd cheers for him as he goes up on stage!
Giving them a wave as well!
Evan did great on stage as well, but all the pictures turned out a bit blurry so I didn't post any of him by himself!
1st trick-or-treating
Waiting for John and Janet to answer their door!
The boys and Ceceila, the neighbor's helper and one of the boys' best friends!
Look at our loot, Mom!
Evan trying on the mask he received!
Silly Daddy and Marte
Cooper loved the mask as well, but he could only blow hard enough to get one side to blow out!
So like I said, we had a great Halloween, but by the end of the holiday I think that both boys had had enough of their costumes to last them for another year!! Hopefully, we’ll be back in the states for the next one (we better be back in the states this time next year!) and they will be able to experience a proper American style Halloween!!
Here are a just a few more pictures (as if I haven't included plenty already) of the rest of our October Halloween wear:
BeBe sent over a couple of cool masks that they boys enjoyed wearing!
She also sent a couple of Halloween flashlights that the boys loved to play with the lights turned ff before bathtime/bedtime
This poor little girl probably wondered why I was taking her picture...I wasn't...I was trying to capture the sign that showed the pumpkins were being sold for RM 179.90 for a small pumpkin....folks that is about $55 - needless to say, we didn't buy a pumpkin this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment