Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bye, Bye BeBe and Boss

Today, BeBe and Boss headed off to Singapore to catch their flight back to the US in the morning. It was sad to see them go, especially since we have no idea when we'll see them next. We've been lucky so far in that we knew we would always see each other in what ended up being about every 6 months or less...and this time since we don't know when we might be moving back, we have no idea when we'll see them next. I never thought Evan would take their departure so badly. I had thought I would let them put him down for a nap and leave while he was napping, but then I was afraid he would wake up and wonder where they had gone to, so instead we had the driver come right before his naptime so that he could send them off as well. Well, as soon as BeBe and Boss got in the car, he began crying and telling my mom "I want to go with you!"....of course, it just made my mom cry even worse and even began to break my heart. He kept telling me he wanted to go with them and when I told him we didn't have a ticket to get on the airplane with them he said, "Mom, let's get a ticket, go to Singapore and THEN get on airplane and go with BeBe and Boss"...oh Buddy, if things were only that simple!! Even 15 minutes after they'd left and he had stopped crying, he would still pucker up his bottom lip and get these big crocodile tears and say he wanted to go with BeBe and Boss right now and not wait until we got tickets to go with them! It was just heart-breaking to see him so sad ...it made me cry as well! We then called BeBe on the phone and told her what Boss had told Evan earlier ....Evan says to her "BeBe we aren't going to be sad" and then said that we would come to visit her in Texas soon..."maybe next time" as E put it! Even after his nap, he woke up and said "Mom, BeBe and Boss are gone now....maybe next time we'll see them again....maybe Wednesday!" It must be his favorite day of the week because everything always seems to happen on Wednesday for him!
Well, BeBe and Boss, we miss you terribly already and can't wait until we can see you again. We had the most wonderful time during your visit and hopefully you won't have to visit Malaysia ever again. Our hopes are to be home by Christmas (I would really hate missing out on being home for the holidays), but you know how these job moves go. Guess we'll just keep our fingers crossed for now! Love to all of you!!

I told you, he even had me crying as they were leaving! Thanks to Marte for capturing the emotional departure :-)

Cooper was actually napping when they left, so after he woke up and didn't see BeBe and Boss, he called out for Boss a couple of times (he'd actually picked up a special "Baaaa" to refer to my dad), but when he didn't see him, he must have thought, "oh well, one less playmate I guess"...and life went on!! Ahh, to be so young and without a thought of anything but the present moment!

No comments: