Saturday, May 9, 2009

BeBe & Boss arrive into Singapore

My parents made it here with no problems (we were a little worried given all the security issues around the latest swine flu....especially in their stop over in Hong Kong where so many were just quarantined recently) and a car full of suitcases....you would have thought they were coming to live with us....except hardly any of the bags had things that belonged to them...it was ALL stuff for the boys. Needless to say, Evan was in heaven opening all his new presents, even though it was some of the things that my folks had bought them for Christmas (that we weren't able to bring back with us in January due to luggage capacity)....it was all like new to him!

Cooper and I made the road trip alone since we knew we needed room for all the luggage they were bringing. This was the first time I'd gone this far with him in the car just the two of us...3 hours...but he did fantastic! We did some "talking" (a lot of ma ma ma and bah bah bahs) and then he slept for about 45 minutes. The rest of the time he just took in the view.....I let him use Evan's car seat for the first time facing forward....he was in heaven with so many new things to look at. Since there aren't any child safety seat rules here in Malaysia or Singapore, it wasn't an issue and besides he was only a few days from being one anyhow. He sure is going to love his new seat....my parents are getting it for him for his birthday once we find one we like. So he was great on the way up there, but it was a completely different story on the way back....he wasn't too comfortable with BeBe and Boss in the car too. He has had this attachment to Mommy thing going lately, so he'd start to cry if I didn't keep a hand on him. Should have seen me trying to drive with one hand and with my other in the backseat keeping a hand on his leg. It was the craziest thing...I'd let go for a sec and it was as though I was leaving him...I'd reach back and touch him and he'd automatically shut off the crying. We made a stop at the grocery store and for some lunch and Boss took him for a stroll while my Mom and I shopped and he did great with him. They rode on some of those rides they have in the mall....as long as I wasn't around he seemed to do fine with them. Silly little boy! Once we got to Melaka, he was finally warming up to the both of them....and well Evan, he couldn't wait to see his BeBe and Boss and was ready for all the fun he was going to have with them!!

I know I'm thrilled about them being here because the extra sets of hands are going to be very helpful and maybe Evan can wear someone else out for awhile! We'll keep everyone posted on our adventures while they are here.

No comments: