Tuesday, May 6, 2008

14 days and counting....

So another weekend with Andrew here and nothing. I think the little one is going to make him make a special trip up here in the middle of the night one of these nights. We did have a nice time with him here - I know Evan was especially happy to see him...he managed to go to sleep on his own and sleep through the night all 3 nights he was here! Maybe he felt safer with his Daddy nearby. It is pretty precious to hear Evan say "Melaka" when you ask him where his Daddy is now during the week...no longer only in the "golf cart"!!

And no, we still haven't finalized a name like I thought we would. We are now down to 2. We did take the Evan challenge and thought about just going with the name Evan picked up, but we are now starting to think that maybe we'll have to see him before we can actually give him a name. At this rate, he probably will be here before we land on one anyhow. I have another appointment tomorrow morning, but I'm expecting a bit of the same....nothing happening and waiting for another week to pass. I've been feeling pretty good lately...sleeping through the night without too many aches and pains. I guess my daily naps when Evan naps keep me from getting too worn out. Oh, the rough life I lead!! I'm looking forward to having my parents here in a couple of weeks....they may actually be here for the birth at this rate. Problem is they are flying into Singapore and we are here in KL, so we might be having a driver go collect them and bring them up here if "no-name", in fact, doesn't show up by his due date. I was just sure he was going to be an early baby like his big brother! Guess I'll find out tomorrow the Dr's thoughts on how far past my due date he'll actually let me go in case that happens. I've had mixed feelings lately. I'm sometimes so ready to have this little one, especially when I'm aching all over and little Mr. Soccer Player won't stop with the non-stop kicking!! Then, during the times I'm feeling pretty good, I think I could stay pregnant for much longer. Since this will probably be the last time I will ever be pregnant again (I'm sure Andrew will say I could leave out the "probably"!!), I'd like to enjoy every last minute of it....maybe that's why he's in no hurry to get here.
I'll let everyone know how the appointment goes tomorrow.

So this is how big I've become at 38 weeks. I'm officially the fattest I've ever been! This really isn't a picture I'd like to remember, but I thought I should capture a few since I haven't taken nearly as many pregnancy pictures with #2 as I did with Evan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope & Andrew,
Are you guys in charge of where the Family gets together on New Years this year. If so then where is it gonna be? If we go then we will have to use our miles with SW Airlines, and they only release a few of those seats so we need to book as early as possible. Please let us know. We are looking forward to seeing your beautiful sons!
Cody and Winnie