Some of my family members have started a challenge to post something they are thankful for everyday for the month of November. I thought it was a great idea, so I've joined in on the challenge. It's a Facebook thing to do daily, but I thought I'd also keep a journal of it here to post at the end of the month and so that it would something that I could keep forever...to show our boys when they get older! So here it is....
Nov 1: Today I am thankful that even though its raining again our kitchen ceiling isn't leaking again all over the floor....like it did last night!
Nov 2: Today I am thankful that the 15 or so monkeys that we fed tonight didn't try to come into our house afterwards.....although some look like they wanted to as close as they got to the door with us standing right in front of it!
Nov 3: Today I am thankful for my friends here in Malaysia that help me miss my friends and family back home a little less!
Nov 4: Today I am thankful for our nanny Marte who watched my boys while I went to KL with Andrew (I hitched a ride since he had a meeting there today) for a day of pampering! It was nice and relaxing!
Nov 5: Today I am thankful for the love of my life - he is an amazing husband and father! I'm not sure how I got so lucky, but boy am I!!!
Nov 6: Today I am thankful for my super adorable boys who bring a huge smile to my face EVERYDAY with their own sweet smiles and their laughter. Thank you Lord for my 2 beautiful blessings!
Nov 7 Today I am thankful for Zyrtec D. I felt a killer cold coming on and took one of those wonderful pills this morning and am feeling a million times better! Hope it doesn't turn into anything more than a small cold....E has had the same thing the last few days!
Nov 8: Today I am thankful for not taking out any motorbikers in the 2 1/2 years I have been driving here in Malaysia! Some are such wreckless drivers! Today we saw one very unlucky chap whose bike met the back end of a car and landed him on the ground all bloodied!! Not sure he survived it - he was wearing a helmet but he was a bit mangled and laying almost too still.....I still can't get the image out of my head!
Nov 9: Today I am thankful for the monsoon rains we've been experiencing! They have provided some relief to the always constant Malaysian heat! And they also provide great napping weather for the boys....and who isn't thankful for good naps?!?!!
What a feable attempt at that...I just went back through all my drafts to reread and can't believe I only made it 9 out of the 30 days - how pathetic is that!??! I almost went ahead and just started writing all the other things I know I'm grateful for...here 2 months later (it's Feb 8 as I write this!) just so it would look a little better, but that would only be fooling you...I'd still know that I really failed miserably!!! I will say that the reason I initially began missing my days was because my darn internet was out for the better part of a week and I couldn't get online. I know that is as pathetic an excuse as it is a posting, but that's all I have! I hate it even more that when I told Andrew how many days I made, that it didn't surprise him one bit! Ouch!! WELL....there is always next year.....and maybe then I can prove him wrong! MAYBE!!
So here you go boys, if you ever find yourselves starting something and not finishing it... it may just be a trait that you've inherited from your mother!! Sorry! Let it be known though, that I fully acknowledge my flaw and will continue to work at it!
paisley shower curtain
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment