On a much lighter note, we had a breakthrough today! As Cooper was walking today, he fell in the middle of the room and got back up all by himself....and continued to do it several times again later in the day! He has been walking for several weeks now, but every time he fell he resorted to crawling the rest of the way, so crawling remained his preferred method of transportation. But now, he seems to finally be digging the walking thing, doing it more often than crawling now. And now with the free standing thing, I think we might had made the official cross over....and the fun begins!!!
In other updates, Coop is beginning to be quite the talker. He has a vocabulary of about 8 or 9 words now. In addition to Mama and Dada, he says Bubba for Evan, ball, bubble, hi, bye, up, shoes, he signs and says "more", and has also picked up "door" lately( he loves to open and close them over and over again.....I remember E used to love to do the same thing - I guess it's a real boy thing!). He also signs for "all done/no more", but hasn't quite found the words for that one. He is also great at the "yes" and "no" head gestures, telling us exactly what he wants and doesn't want. And is even better at the screaming thing when he isn't getting what he wants - that's a real fun one that we've been trying to break for awhile and to date have been....unsuccessful!! And oh yeah, I'm sure his Boss would like me to mention he says "Ba" for Boss. And the other day on the phone with Nana and Pop, he said something that closely resembled "Pop" too! I'm sure that both grandmothers are now looking forward to him learning their names too.....don't worry BeBe and Nana, I'm working on it for you guys!!
It took some training, but we also have another great sleeper on our hands finally. Shortly after his 1st birthday, he began sleeping consistently through the night from 8 to 8...and oh how nice it is!! I was just telling Andrew the other day that I can't remember the last time I took an afternoon nap. I used to just be drained in the middle of the day when I had to get up in the middle of the night with Coop, but with the uninterrupted sleep each night, I feel like a brand new person - it is so nice! Evan has always been a fantastic sleeper so I got really spoiled with him and thought I was never going to get Cooper to sleep the same way, but what do you know, he came through! We are still at 2 naps a day, so that is also great. He fought this one for a month or so, alternating between one and two naps for quite some time, but looks like he is back into a 2 nap a day routine. Hopefully, he maintains this for a bit longer. The one nap a day made for some cranky evenings which were no fun at all.
As for how he and Evan are getting along, well.....everyday is interesting is all I can say!! I've told everyone that when the two of them used to play when Cooper was a bit smaller, E would take something out of Coop's hands and Cooper would just look at it disappear and give the "oh well" face and move on to something else. Well now, E had better watch out because he isn't getting it out of his hands without a fight any longer. Cooper takes a death grip to whatever it is Evan tries to take from him and goes after him with his mouth open when he has no other defense. So much so, that he actually bit E's nose the other day. I told Evan he was getting a bit of payback for those times that he bit Cooper when he was younger!! Then other times, they are so sweet to one another, it is just adorable.....giving kisses and hugs to each other like they are going out of style.....sharing everything with one another like they are just the bestest of friends!! As I said, everyday brings something new!!
So I know there are probably some other funny things I'm not including in this post, but I'll try to get them in another one at some point as I remember them. Since this is suppose to serve as a dairy of our time here in Malaysia and a journal of the boys' development, I'd like to capture as much of their first few years "doings" as possible. I have a few funny E sayings I'll have to post next....he is just such a little boy now!
Here are a couple of pics of the little man from the other day:
This was his face as I told him to "smile"
And the child LOVES bubbles (his very first word - after Dada). He has even learned to blow them himself! He has also got into this habit of sticking his tongue out all the time, although not as frequently any longer (it started when he got this blister on his lip as a result of the hand, foot, mouth virus he ended up getting from Evan). And oh yeah, he is finally getting another pair of teeth - another 2 on top....he'll have a total of 10 once these come all the way through. Luckily, they haven't given us much trouble at all!


No comments:
Post a Comment