So, knowing Evan isn't even quite 3 yet, I thought that maybe it was still a little too early to try out a movie with him, but with his intense love of dinosaurs I thought he might enjoy Ice Age 3....and he did!! He sat still the entire movie....of course, talking through most of it - either repeating what the animals were saying or asking me if I'd seen what had just happened and responded with a "why no talking, Mom" when I told him we couldn't talk while we watched the movie (we always do at home!). Good thing there were only about 6 or 7 other people in the theater, no one seemed to mind. The only other kid there looked to be about 5 or 6 years old and even he became bored half way through and started walking back and forth in the aisle . Not little E, he especially loved it when the dinosaurs came on - he started trying to name them all. His favorite at the moment (or at least the ones he remembers now) are the....lets see if I can even spell them...stegosaurus, the apatosaurus, the t-rex, the triceratops, the pterodactyl, the ankylosaurus (this one he pronounces by saying "ankle saurus"), and the pachycephalosaurus (which I about died when I first heard him say after we read about them...I never thought he'd actually be able to remember it, let alone actually able to say - what is that like 7 syllables!!)
As we got into the car, he said "Mom, that was lots of fun", so I asked if he'd like to go on a date with Mommy again and he said he sure would. When Daddy got home later in the evening, he told him that we had gone on a date to the movies (and of course that "it was dark in the movies" and "louder" and that "we got to eat popcorn")and when he gets older he is going to "take pretty girls to the movies!" I guess this was a result of our conversation on the way home when we had to discuss what "going on a date" was and when I told him that he could only take Mommy on dates right now, but that when he got older he was going to have to do chores around the house to make money so he could take pretty girls on dates to the movies (nothing like throwing in some life lessons at the same time!!)! It's hilarious some of the things he remembers sometimes....what am I talking about - he remembers EVERYTHING!!
Anyhow, we had a great first date and we are looking forward to our next movie! We told Daddy he'd have to go to the next one with us, we had too much fun! It was a nice Mommy and Evan only time, which I've started to learn seems to be a must when you have more than one. He seemed to act so much better when it was just him without Cooper - guess some of the acting up is sometimes because of a bit of jealousy and the need for more attention. Cooper seems to be the same way when we go on our playdate without Evan - he doesn't seem to be as clingy as he is when Evan is with us. I guess you just can't get enough of Mommy's love sometimes....if they only knew how much Mommy loves and adores each of her boys they would have nothing to worry about - more than enough to go around....and back again!!
As we got into the car, he said "Mom, that was lots of fun", so I asked if he'd like to go on a date with Mommy again and he said he sure would. When Daddy got home later in the evening, he told him that we had gone on a date to the movies (and of course that "it was dark in the movies" and "louder" and that "we got to eat popcorn")and when he gets older he is going to "take pretty girls to the movies!" I guess this was a result of our conversation on the way home when we had to discuss what "going on a date" was and when I told him that he could only take Mommy on dates right now, but that when he got older he was going to have to do chores around the house to make money so he could take pretty girls on dates to the movies (nothing like throwing in some life lessons at the same time!!)! It's hilarious some of the things he remembers sometimes....what am I talking about - he remembers EVERYTHING!!
Anyhow, we had a great first date and we are looking forward to our next movie! We told Daddy he'd have to go to the next one with us, we had too much fun! It was a nice Mommy and Evan only time, which I've started to learn seems to be a must when you have more than one. He seemed to act so much better when it was just him without Cooper - guess some of the acting up is sometimes because of a bit of jealousy and the need for more attention. Cooper seems to be the same way when we go on our playdate without Evan - he doesn't seem to be as clingy as he is when Evan is with us. I guess you just can't get enough of Mommy's love sometimes....if they only knew how much Mommy loves and adores each of her boys they would have nothing to worry about - more than enough to go around....and back again!!
I think the light on the camera was too bright in the dark theater so he kept squinting his eyes! Silly boy!
And the best part about the movie....the popcorn!! He was sure to tell me "Mommy, put the popcorn right here by me!" Of course, he got so engrossed in the show that he only had a handful of bites, and guess who ended up eating it all!!??!?!
Thanks little man for our wonderful 1st "Mommy & Evan date"....I'm looking forward to our next one!


No comments:
Post a Comment