Sunday, March 22, 2009

And Cooper walks....

Yes, the little man took those first few steps yesterday....5 to be exact...3 big, slow ones and then 2 quick stutter steps....afterwards falling face forward into my arms...eyes closed, hoping I was there to catch him. He did it a couple of more times and then had enough and went back to his knees. So, while he is now quick on all fours, I think he is also going to pick up this walking thing pretty quick too. I swear this child is a dare devil...he has no fear! He can climb stairs almost as fast as Evan can walk up them and loves to pull himself up on anything he can to GET INTO EVERYTHING! That boy cannot sit still and play with a toy any longer....with this new found mobility, he is on the go constantly!! It is so much fun to see him grow. I can't believe that he is already 10 months old....the months are just flying by. It's also hard to believe that we have lived here in Malaysia for just near 2 years already. Some days I'm ready for something new, but one thing I do know is that I sure do enjoy spending this time with my boys. Cooper is such a fun and happy kid -he is ALWAYS smiling! He LOVES curtains....to hide behind them and play peek-a-boo. It's one of his most favorite things to do. When you set him down on the floor, he loves to find the nearest set of curtains to hide behind. He also has this new found love of dancing as well. He'll throw his hands up in the air and give a little bounce and then he'll start clapping...it's too precious! He also loves to see the monkeys in our backyard. As soon as we ask him "Where are the monkeys"...he'll head straight over to the patio door to look into the backyard...he's mesmerized by them! I laugh when I think about telling him that the first animal he ever recognized was a monkey. When we get back to the states, he'll never even see a monkey again...unless of course, we go to a zoo. Evan has been into lions lately and making the roaring sound, so Coop has picked up on that and loves to do his version of a lion's roar too...it's hilarious. Another thing he loves is balls. He loves throwing them and then crawling after them....it's a great game he plays alone and I love watching how much fun he has doing it. It also means the less trouble he is getting into! Anyhow, that's my quick update on the little man. Here are a few pics from the last couple of weeks: This pic is on the day he took his first solo steps. I didn't get him in action, but I wanted to at least have a pic from the "special day".
He sure is going to enjoy being able to use his hands when he finally masters this walking thing. For now, his mouth seems to be a good alternative!
And here is the cool guy looking like such a big boy on E's bike. Looks like he is ready for one of his own now! Just like his brother, he loves being outside and throws a fit when it's time to come back inside!
And we are back to brother baths....brother bubble baths now! The boys do very well together and have so much fun playing together while getting clean (and getting bubbles everywhere I might add...including all over us!). As I anticipated, we've had to start bath time a bit earlier now, so that we leave plenty of time for playing in the bubbles and so that no one throws a fit when it's time to get out!
Doing a great job keeping up with his big bro and playing right alongside him. I'm sure he can't wait until he can keep up with him on two feet and not on all fours!This is the face we get now when you put something in his mouth he doesn't care for or when he has had too much and doesn't want anymore!
And since he spends most of his time on his knees, he is now sporting some knee pads so those poor little knees don't get sore from crawling around on all these tile floors!
And I just had to add this picture...it was from when the boys were sick earlier in February. Cooper had puked in his highchair one too many times (amongst other things) and it was being cleaned, so he had his lunch in E's booster seat. I thought he looked so adorable sitting there like such a big boy. Wow, my baby is baby no longer!!!

No comments: