For New Year's, my mom's side of the family decided to get together in New Braunfels for a visit. We had tons of fun and are so glad we did it! It was hard enough getting 30-some people at one place at one time during the holidays, but to find a place that would accomodate that many people at one time proved to be a real challenge. Luckily, after much research, my dear husband found us the perfect place. It had one main house with 6 bedrooms and a seperate bunk house that had 4 other bedrooms and then several futons and pull-out couches...so everyone had a place to sleep! It even had an inside hot tub by the downstairs bar area (although for some reason I never took advantage of that one!) Anyhow, the weather was fantastic so we were able to totally enjoy all the outside amenities too...like the outside patio area, porch swing and fishing on the pier. We had tons of food and booze and did alot of catching up. Cooper was in heaven with all his aunts and cousins paying so much attention to him. I was afraid he would be too overwhelmed with so many people around, but that didn't seem to be an issue at all....he wore a smile on his face the entire time. We had about 7 little ones there under the age of 8, so I think they also had a great time running around with each other too!! Evan was also pumped about spending as much time outside as he possibly could. We also got in alot of bowl game watching and Wii playing. As depressing as it was, we watched Texas Tech get slaughtered (which put one of Tech's biggest fan - my aunt Lucy- in a bad mood the rest of the day since her boy Grahm couldn't pull off a win!!) and Alabama (who we were also pulling for....sorry Lin!) lost miserably as well. We'll just have to look forward to next season! I personally want to thank everyone for making it. We would have never been able to see everyone during our visit if we had not decided to gather in one place. I know it was a long drive or trip for most of you, so I hope you thought it was worth it as well. Can't wait to do it again! Love you all and miss you already!
The whole gang (a few are missing) right after ringing in the New Year!!
The two sassy college girls....I think they were the only who got dressed for the occasion, so they were the only ones whose picture was worth posting :-)
My cousin Erica, her oldest, Cohen, my cousin Brooke, Cooper, Evan and me
Andrew and I playing catch out back....it was a beautiful backyard overlooking the river
A pic of the back of the house....if you are ever looking for a spot to house 25+ people, this is the place!
Lauren, Honey and Cooper chilling out by the river...doing some fishing!
Evan also made a new best friend while we were there....his cousin Alicia...who he now calls his "girlfriend"!!
Little Addi decided she wanted to put on Coop's hat and jacket...and looked way too cute not to get a picture of her!
Honey and most of the grandchildren and great grandchildren (a few didn't make it and a few had left already before we got this picture)...we just keep growing!! Although, Andrew and I won't be adding to the numbers from here on out!
No comments:
Post a Comment