Wednesday, August 13, 2008

E goes to school; Coop rolls over

Evan's 1st day went great! As I thought, I was WAY more nervous about the entire thing than he was. I sat around for a few minutes after setting him in line with the rest of the boys and talked to his teacher a bit about what I had brought for him in his backpack and what time I would pick him up, etc. etc....all the while, E is just sitting there overwhelmed by all the commotion of the noisy kids...but loving every minute of it. So after I began to wear out my welcome, I decided it was time for me to leave and kiss my little one good-bye. He merely said "bye Mom" and that was it....no tears, no "don't make me stay here", no "come back to get me soon"....just a mere "bye Mom"!! I thought I was going to cry! I can't believe my little one is such a big boy now!! When I went to pick him up (of course, 5 minutes before I was suppose to), he was just as happy as could be. The teacher (Ms. Sue Phong....which by the way is darling to hear the way Evan prounounces her name...I can't even begin to type how he says it!!) said he did great. She did say that shortly after I left, he did ask for me a bit, but then after about 5 minutes he was okay with me being gone. When I asked him if he was ready to go back again tomorrow, he said "yes". The only thing I got out of him about his day was that he played with Franco (or Panco as he says it) and "cars". Wow, I can't believe this day is already here when I'm asking my little guy how his day was and what he learned. Before I know it, Cooper will be joining him!!


I'm ready to go, Mom"

Sitting in the boys line, ready for assembly time to start, where they sing songs together....that's "Panco" with the sippy cup, the other 2 year old at the school.

E just checking out what all the older boys are doing (the school is for 2-5 year olds). I can't wait to see what he looks like in his little uniform!!

As for Coop, he reached a milestone yesterday as well....he rolled from his tummy to his back for the first time. I had just written in my Monday posting that he was getting close and sure enough the next day, he did it!! I thought it was just by accident, but I kept putting him on his tummy and he rolled over 3 different times. He actually enjoys tummy time a bit more lately...I think mainly because it gives him more of an opportunity to put his hand...or fist rather...in his mouth. He loves putting his hands in his mouth lately...so much so that he'll take his bink out, just to find his hands. He is also sitting up better in his Bumbo on his 2nd day into it.

Having some fun after naptime

All smiles!! Showing off his cute, little dimple!

Loving that arm!

Looking like a big boy in his Bumbo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe you have 2 beautiful children now. Time has flown by since you took Kylie trick or treating for Halloween. :) Your boys are so adorable and you look fabulous! I enjoy reading your blogs and hearing that you're doing so great. All my best!
Kristie (LeBlanc) Fisher

Erica said...

I can believe Evan has reached the preschool milestone. Cohen was the same way on his first day of school and I was left crying in the car b/c he didn't even cry for me to stay or take him with me! Cooper is looking so BIG and I love the outfits HAHA!! I forgot mom had send them to you and when I was looking at his pics, I said that looks familiar??!!