Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Official Schoolboy

Evan started his 3rd week of preschool this morning and he finally got his school uniform last week, so I just had to post a picture of my precious boy in his new gear!! He seems to really enjoy going on Wednesdays and is a little bit more reluctant for me to leave him on Thursdays, but he only cries for a couple of minutes and then he is fine. I know this because I've stayed outside waiting for him to stop crying before I left the last 2 Thursdays. Nothing breaks your heart more than to see your little one come running after you and crying that you are leaving him. It took everything I had to leave him the first time he cried - I had to call Andrew and ask him what I should do....go back in and get him or give him a bit of time to adjust. During my phone call, he had already adjusted and was distracted by some puzzles one of the teachers had him doing. And when I pick him up in the afternoons he is always having a great time and is ready to go back and do it again the next day.....to see his best friend Franco or "Panco" as Evan says (we are still working on those "f"s). I guess I just have to give him a bit more time to adjust to the routine.

Here are a few pictures from this morning.....I know it doesn't look like it, but he really was excited to go to school this morning. He still has that same serious Evan face he's always had when it comes to taking pictures!


As for my littlest one, he is growing up so quickly. We are still struggling with getting good nights, but I try to remind myself this time will pass soon enough and I'll long for the nights where he needs me in the middle of the night for a little bit of snuggling time. Of course, I say this after having a decent night last night :-)

Here are some pictures I took just a few minutes ago:

And here is one of both my angels during a birthday party we went to last week. It was a pajama party for one of my friend's little girls. Evan had a batman mask painted on his face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute - Evan looks like he is such a big boy going off to school! Cooper is really getting big as well and just precious as can be!

Dylan and Colten both have those pjs and they are so appropriate.

Maria