Yesterday marked the end of Chinese New Year and one of the ladies I have crafts with informed us there would be a lion dance at the Renaissance Hotel (our home for a few weeks when we first arrived here in Melaka) to celebrate the end of the holiday. So Marte, Evan and I thought we would attend since Andrew was staying in KL over night for meetings this morning. It is quite an interesting dance they do - which involves a lot of fruit, primarily oranges, and some lettuce...I still need to read up on what all that signifies! AND it was very, very LOUD!! Apparently, the loud music is suppose to scare away evil spirits so that good luck will follow (well, let me tell you... this music must have sent those spirits a'running as fast as they could!!). Evan didn't seem to mind it too much though. He was just fine when all the drumming and cymbal playing started, but then I guess something with the lions frightened him because he gave this huge pouty lip and then couldn't get out of his stroller quick enough. After Marte held him for a bit, he was fine again and then couldn't get enough of it. I guess it wasn't the loudness that bothered him. Although I thought we all might ought to go have our hearing checked afterwards!!
This is Evan's "cheese" face...the one when I tell him to smile and say "cheese" 
Also, Evan's old nanny stopped by a couple of days ago to visit with Evan and brought him a new bike. It was so very sweet of her...she said it was his Christmas present, but hadn't had an opportunity to bring it by. I felt completely horrible because I've been so bad about keeping in touch with her as I had promised. She was thrilled to see him and couldn't get enough hugs and kisses from him. Evan absolutely loves his new gift and it only makes him want to be outside that much more often now.
This is E saying "where" did that airplane go that I just saw?
Another funny aside from this week is that E has picked up a new set of words lately....."golf cart". You now ask him where his Dad is and he says "golf cart"....hmmm, think Andrew is getting in some golf lately?!!?! I love giving A a hard time about it now. To vouch for him, he doesn't actually get that much golf in, but he came and gave Evan a ride on the golf cart last weekend and now Evan thinks that is where he is all the time!


No comments:
Post a Comment