As for an update on our little stinker.....he just continues to learn something new everyday. Not only is he climbing up every stair in the house (and we have plenty of them!), he has also learned to come down them too. Luckily, he has finally taken to sliding down on his bottom (I think I finally made it look fun to slide down, that he thought he'd try it out.....and now like to show off for us!!).....but on occassion he still tries to walk down holding the stair rails. It terrifies me, but I figure the faster he learns to do it on his own under my supervision, the sooner I can stop worrying that he is going to fall as soon as I turn my back.....wait a minute - will that ever happen?!?!?!?
He also still loves pushing buttons and totally digs the leggos he got for his birthday. He loves having Andrew and I build something and have him come and knock them over. He occasionally contributes to the building, but loves the destruction phase much better!! He is such a little boy!! Sometimes I wonder what he processes in that head of his. While he still isn't saying too much in the way of "real" words....he definitely knows what he wants...... and then gets totally frustrated when Andrew and I can't figure out what it is that he is pointing at and asking for!! He's also finally able to get to his feet in the middle of room without having to scoot over to something to help himself up, so I now have to sweep the floors twice as much since he isn't keeping them clean with his bum any longer :-) Oh and I totally have to share his poop stance....which probably wouldn't be funny if we weren't living in Malaysia where they have the holes in the ground for "doing your business".....but every morning after I get him down from his highchair after breakfast (he is definitely on a schedule), he'll play for a bit, find a place where he thinks I don't see him, hunch down to squat, and then grunt for a bit while he goes about his business. It's absolutely hilarious....he looks like a true Malaysian....I'll have to try to get a picture of it to post!! I'm sure one day he will appreciate me sharing that one with everyone!!!
Anyhow, here are a few of our latest pics:


No comments:
Post a Comment