As for our trip, we didn’t do any sightseeing again. We pretty much got the things we needed done - grocery shopping for Evan essentials and the stuff we can’t get in Malaysia for us (like 5 bags of Tortilla chips!!) and we also got Evan’s 4th haircut. Andrew found a place called Junior League at a mall next to the hotel. It was this place that tailored specifically to children – with DVD players in front of each of the 4 chairs and tons of books and toys!! We thought we would go early so we could get an appointment, but I think everyone else had the same idea. When we got there, they hadn’t opened the doors yet, but there were about 10 other kids already waiting as well. We shortly found out that there is a process to getting a haircut there....that apparently everyone else knew about expect us….and a British family that was also waiting. As the doors opened, parents rushed to a wall with numbers hanging from it which determined your place in line. I picked up on it quickly, but not quick enough – we ended up being #9 out of 13……and let me tell you, I would have been last if not for becoming pushy at the end (after politely waiting my turn and continuously having other mothers jump in front of me)….I swear no order in this place….and for tiny Asians, they don’t have a problem shoving you (ok, shoving is probably harsh, but someone definitely needs to teach some of them some manners that’s for sure!!). When it finally became our turn….45 minutes later….Evan did quite well. He sat quietly the entire time, playing with some candy in a bowl (taking them out one by one, throwing them down so mom could put them back in the bowl and then throwing them out again…..over and over and over!!!). We were very pleased with his cut, the guy did such a fantastic job and I never flinched once at the sight of him nearly getting Evan in the eyes with his scissors! I think we have found our new place for Evan cuts……especially now since I know what to do!!
Now you can see how desperately we were in need of a haircut...he was starting to look like a little girl!!
And then they had to go and put a pink robe on him......
No girl here.....just one handsome little guy!!I think the only other eventful thing during our stay was our trip over to Hooters at a place called Clark’s Quay (pronounced “key”), which was really neat. I think on a Friday and Saturday the place would have been packed with people – it seemed like a place with a big nightlife. It had tons of outside restaurants and bars right along the water (reminded me of the Riverwalk in San Antonio).
We went on a Sunday night, so it wasn’t crowded at all. The Hooters was just as in the states, except no Budlight and the wings just didn’t seem the same (alright, so maybe nothing like in the states.....other than the name and the girls wearing those awful outfits!!)) Evan had trouble napping that afternoon, so he had a very late afternoon nap so we didn’t end up eating until about 9:oo. So yes, we were at Hooters, on a Sunday, at 9:00 at night…..with a baby!! If we were celebrities we would have made the front page of all the trash magazines (fortunately, the one magazine I’ve managed to continue to receive in the mail is my US magazine…..so I’ve been staying on top of all the Britney Spears drama)!!! Evan had a great time, he was quite a big hit with the ladies!!! His Boss always tells him he likes those older women….well Boss, he was definitely in action while we were at Hooters!!


No comments:
Post a Comment